Low back pain will affect approximately 90 percent of Americans at least once in their lifetime, and for some, it occurs more often, leading to chronic pain. Low back pain is second only to the common cold for causing missed days from work. While there are many causes of back pain, for some patients there is often no identifiable cause. Chiropractic care has been shown to be a conservative, effective and cost-effective method of treating back pain.
- There are many causes of low back pain. Trauma, fatigue and repetitive stress are very common. Other causes include abdominal disorders, disc injuries, muscle spasms, nerve root impingement, joint problems and infections or tumors.
- Treatment of low back pain may include spinal manipulation, adjunctive therapies, bracing, spinal exercises and conditioning.
- In all cases, ongoing patient education about wellness, fitness, and ergonomics can enhance overall health.
Neck pain is a common problem affecting approximately two-thirds of the population at least one time in their lives. The inherent movement and flexibility that your cervical spine allows is also why it is susceptible to injury.
- Causes of neck pain include trauma, infection, vascular problems, disc injury, muscle spasm, postural stress, and joint abnormalities.
- Treatment of neck pain may include spinal manipulation, adjunctive therapies, spinal exercise/conditioning and patient education about wellness, fitness and ergonomics to enhance overall health.
Athletic injuries related to sports activities may be chronic (constant, habitual or long standing) or acute (sharp/severe, sudden onset). Causes can be trauma, repetitive stress or over-use.
- Doyle has specialization certifications in orthopedics and athletic injuries, along with numerous hours of continuing education in this area. He also has been the team chiropractor for local amateur and professional teams, treated numerous professional and amateur athletes and advises numerous individuals athletes to help guide them to peak athletic performance.
- Various sports related injuries can occur in the back, neck, shoulder, knee, and hip and may improve with chiropractic care.
- Even common sprains and strains are treatable, with a focus on rehabilitating a patient so they can successfully resume athletic activities.
Numerous injuries can occur in any type of motor vehicle accident. Whether it’s from a minor fender bender or a more serious crash, neck and back pain are two of the common results.
- A patient may suffer a cervical sprain/strain, nerve impingement, disc injury, lumbar sprain/strain and spinal fractures, as just a few examples of the most common injuries that may result from a motor vehicle accident.
- Chiropractic treatments have been shown to be an effective method of care for many injuries related to auto accidents.
Contact Penfield Chiropractic for assistance with your pain management.
The content of this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider.
Please Leave Us A Great Review